Pages

Monday, May 6, 2013

Happy Seis de Mayo


Otherwise known as my last day of finals, my return to blogging, and more importantly 
Nicole Richie Appreciation Day.

Tonight something truly amazing happened at The Met; while sadly it wasn't a reunion of Blair Waldorf and Serena van der Wooden (too soon?) I still thought it was more than blog worthy. Themed Punk: Chaos to Couture the Met Gala this year did not disappoint. I'll admit i've never been a huge obsessor over what many consider the most important night in fashion, but seeing the looks (and missing blogging) made me pause my viewing of 90210 and write about it.

On to Nicole Richie:

I love her.

It's as simple as that (no simple life pun was intended). I was always a fan of her since her reckless days and like another train wreck turned fashion god Kelly Osbourne, she has bloomed into being one of the most sophisticated with the perfect amount of edge fashionista i've seen. Everything about her style and her choices from her House of Harlow collection has me head over heels over how perfect she is. Tonight was no exception.


Dressed in Topshop Nicole captured the theme with perfection.

                                   

Now, lets talk hair. When I first saw it, I cringed with delight. I admire how unconventional it is. We've seen grey and platinum hair done before, but never like this. The dark roots help pay homage the darkness of the punk scene along with the subtle yet stunning rouge lips I almost died and we haven't even gotten to the dress yet. I don't deem her with the best dress of the night award, I firmly believe she had the best overall look during tonight's festivities. From head to toe she screamed Punk Couture.

So here's to you Nicole Richie!

THOSE NAILS!

Honorable Mentions:
Jenny from the Block
Amanda Seyfried
Anne Hathaway
Rooney Mara
& T-Swift


No comments:

Post a Comment