Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The Legging

I hated the legging.

Then, the word itself made me cringe. When the legging made its revival to everyday fashion in the mid-to-late 2000s (mind you I was just a wee middle schooler then, just getting started with my love affair of street-style blogs and fashion editorials) I refused to wear them. I hated the way they were so tight and unforgiving, I hated the little floral lace designs they had at the end of them circa 2007, I hated the classic black ones, I hated the patterned. And most of all I had strong dislike of those who wore leggings without wearing a top that was long enough to cover their behinds and even worse the front. Actually to this day I still hate that.

This is not the case in 2013. In 2013, I adore the legging.

I guess at the time I never got the fuss of what was so great about them. I was a naive. I didn't start to incorporate them into my wardrobe until midway through high school, and it was very rare that I wore them. Fast forward to my freshman year of college and learning the horror that is 8AMs, I dared to pull out the one pair of all black leggings I owned and match it with my favorite oversized slouchy sweater and my worn pair of Doc Martens.

Thus began the love affair, and I have never looked back.

Since then my collection of leggings has grown tremendously from my all black staples, to patterns galore. Here are some of my favorites:



(1, 2, 3, 4)

Lets Hear It For The Legging (and my next venture The Trouser)!

No comments:

Post a Comment